Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion 15 laptop has been having problems with sleep for some time.  Whenever it goes to sleep, it won't wake up without a hard power-off and then a full fresh boot.  This happens if the system is idle and goes to sleep by itself or if Sleep is chosen from the Power menu.  For a while we had worked around the problem by setting the laptop to never sleep, but recently that setting reverted for some reason, so I decided to try to dig into the problem.  I tried several things from the web, including confirming that keyboard and touchpad are set to wake the computer from sleep, turning off the ability to power down USB hosts (in case the keyboard or touchpad are connected internally by USB), and others that I can't remember right now.  I finally tried a full system reset (after a backup).  Now with a fresh install of windows 10, the system also won't power off when I attempt a shutdown - it goes almost off, but the power light never goes off and the screen doesn't go completely black unless I do a hard shutdown by holding the power button down for a few seconds.  Some things I found here make me think it may be an issue with Intel Management Engine driver, but according to device manager I have the latest driver and the correct settings for that.

Any ideas what might be the issue?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sleep mode has always been problematic in Windows. Most of your power usage comes from the monitor. I wouldn't think a display driver would have anything to do with it. My suggestion would be to just disable hibernation and sleep period and just have your monitor cut off after a certain period of time. 

Otherwise you can just check out more solutions via the post at https://www.minitool.com/news/computer-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-windows-10-005.html.

I hope my answer comes in handy for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.