05-15-2016 04:02 PM
How do you toggle between entering a password and entering a PIN on the initial log in screen? I set up a PIN not password and it only gives me the "password" option instead of "PIN". Is there a function key or toggle option to bring up the PIN option?
05-16-2016 11:51 AM
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!
I read your post about the password issue, and wanted to assist you! I understand that you only have the option to input a password, and not the PIN.
Did you install any updates recently? Did you try checking the Sign-in options, in Windows? Try reviewing the following resource, and let me know how it goes:
Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!
Have a great day!
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)