Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-ck004ni
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I installed a Samsung Evo 970 Plus on my HP Pavilion - 15-ck004ni with the native 2Tb HDD. I migrated my Windows OS to the Evo 970 and use the HDD as a storage unit.

However, when I try to boot the Evo 970 from the bios I see the drive but I can't select it.

When I reboot I get the following screen:

Bios 1.jpegI then go to advanced options and have to select the F9 function and have to select the EVO 970 drive and then it boots fine.

When I go to the Bios boot option, I can see both the native HDD and the EVO 970, but there is no way to select the Evo, i.e. it boots the HDD by default. I've tried hitting enter and the F keys to move up and down but no luck.

Bios 4.jpeg

I have to mention that after I've formatted the native HDD it still has the Windows recovery partitions installed. Could this be the problem?

How do I go about making the Evo the default boot disk?

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to make a bootable USB W10 installer with the media creation tool, and completely clean the 2 TB drive using diskpart.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Then hopefully the notebook will boot from the SSD.

Make sure you select the right disk to clean!

Watch this video...you can shut down the notebook after you run the diskpart utility.

Use of Diskpart to Format (Clean) or Wipe (Clean All) Partitions a Drive Before Windows Installation...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to make a bootable USB W10 installer with the media creation tool, and completely clean the 2 TB drive using diskpart.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Then hopefully the notebook will boot from the SSD.

Make sure you select the right disk to clean!

Watch this video...you can shut down the notebook after you run the diskpart utility.

Use of Diskpart to Format (Clean) or Wipe (Clean All) Partitions a Drive Before Windows Installation...

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul, worked liked magic!

Have a good one.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.