Aditya5052
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavilion 15 cs-1002tx damaged by an authorized HP Technician

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 cs-1002tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion 15 cs-1002tx was damaged by an authorized service agent. I had been using my laptop when suddenly smoke came out of the vents. I immediately shut it down by long pressing on the power button. When i opened up the back panel, i saw a screw on the motherboard. It had fell from the battery holding region ( the plastic holding the screw broke)  and hence fell on the motherboard. I had never opened up the laptop myself and a month ago an HP technician had visited to solve a hinge problem (which is still not resolved).  All service centers around me are closed for more than 7 months and this issue happened just a month after my warranty expired . Please advise me on what I should do for a problem which I face for poor workmanship of a 'qualified'  technician.

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,419 20,421 1,489 1,737
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Aditya5052, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation