Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cs3075wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has been working fine both standalone and using two monitors (the laptop display and a separate HDMI monitor) for over a year. All of a sudden, this week, my main display is not turning on at all. If I boot up the laptop without the external display, I can't do anything but it appears to be starting up. If I boot up with the external display connected and the laptop open, the first thing that shows up is the windows 10 login screen on the external monitor. Everything else appears to be working fine. I can use the laptop with the external monitor as usual.

I have tried reinstalling the intel drivers, the intel graphics driver, and updated everything via both the HP support site and the intel site. That did nothing to improve the problem.

I have tried booting to the bios but the bios menu never appears on the external monitor and the laptop display is off (not even the backlight turns on). If I press F10 repeatedly as I power it up, it never gets to the windows login screen on the external monitor. I assume it is actually going to the boot menu but I can't do anything because I can't see it.

Any ideas???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@glopresti08 

This means the screen has failed in the laptop, not the video chip, because if it was the latter, there would be no display on the external monitor as well.

The screen will need to be replaced.

We are not able, or permitted, to provide any repair estimates or equipment prices.

For this information, you would need to contact an HP Repair or Service Center.

Since you live in the U.S., here is a link to the HP Service Repair Centers:
https://www.service-center-locator.com/hp-hewlett-packard/hp-hewlett-packard-service-center.htm

If that link does not provide you sufficient information, then use the main HP link:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I've found those links to be unreliable if you're using Win10 and the new Edge Browser; so if you are, you need to use something else, like FireFox.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.