Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-n097sa Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my HP Pavilion 15-n097sa Notebook PC is not booting windows when I turn it on.

when I turn on my PC, I am greeted with an illuminated black screen, and a beep code that is a series of quick, short, beeps (idk how many, it goes to fast and I cant really count, but at my best estimation it is about 20). all the lights on the computer are on and the fans and everything are running, but I am stuck on this screen. I have tried a hard reset and nothing has worked so far. I am willing to do anything including factory reset to make this work so feel free to suggest anything.

edit:ive managed to get to a screen that says F11...system recovery in the lower left corner by pressing F11 on launch, but it doesn't go anywhere after that

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you able to get to the start menu and then into HP hardware diagnostics?

Turn off the PC by holding the power button. Turn on PC and continously keep pressing ESC until startup menu appears and then press F2 to enter diagnostics. Try the fast system test.

See if there are any hardware errors.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

how long should it take for the start up menu to appear, when im pressing esc the only thing that comes up is text in the bottom left that says 2 (esc... pause startup)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.