Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-n203sh
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I opened my Pavilion 15-n203sh to clean it up. However, when I reassembled it, I couldn't get it to boot. When I press the power button, the fans spin up, and the F12 (WiFi icon) button red LED turns on, and stays on until I forcefully shut it down. The screen is completely black, not even the backlight turns on. I haven't found any indication for this error code, as all resources only talk about blinking codes. What did I break, and how would I fix it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@lorinet3 

You have two very different issues here.

The WiFi LED is red because that indicates that the WiFi has been physically disabled in the laptop.  When it is enabled, it will glow white instead of red.  You enable it by booting into windows and pressing the F12 key again.

As to why it does not start, we have no way from here to check that out.  We advise folks against taking their laptops apart because of issue like this.  There is nothing we here can to to address this.

You will need to have the PC physically examined in a service facility by folks that can run their own diagnostics to determine what is wrong with it. And the problem with that is, while HP does do repair work of some sorts on PCs still under warranty, they generally do NOT do repair work on PCs out of warranty because they are not a general purpose repair facility. You would have to contact them in advance to see (1) if they are willing to work on it, and (2) if they will provide you any kind of repair cost estimate.

Since you live outside the U.S., here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: https://support.hp.com/in-en/service-center

If that link does not get you a useful page, then use the main HP link:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you can't get assistance from HP, then you will have to seek out a local laptop service facility to have them examine it for you.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.