Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cs1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had just got a replacement unit for my HP pavilion 15 laptop as the previous brand new HP pavilion 15 had a mulfunctioning motherboard right after purchase (luck is definetely not on my side). However, the new unit had an entirely different problem. The screen would randomly shut off without notice. The background would still be running as I could still hear the video or audio playing from the laptop while the screen remains black and the keyboard would still be responding. 

I found a quick workaround for it, by closing the screen of the laptop down and then opening it back, the screen would come back alive. But is there a permanent fix to this as it is really annoying to have my screen shut off randomly. I had only used this new unit for approximately 3 days. It has been a frustrating experience thus far as the new laptop that I bought has only been used for a couple of days before sending it to the HP support center for diagnostic. After almost 2 full weeks, I finally got a replacement unit, however now this new unit is facing an entirely different problem.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @cwtsh

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

If you wish to help to community grow, you may simply select “Accept as Solution” and hit the thumbs up to say thanks for my efforts.

Have a good day ahead. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did this problem get solved? I have the exact same one!

HP Recommended

The problem was not solved, so I got a replacement unit for it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.