Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-e043sf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dears,

I really need your help in this bios issue, sometimes my notebook doesn't startup ( the screen is blanck and the led of the uppercase button flashes), so i've been in this situation before and i fashed the bios using a usb flash drive.

now am facing this issue again, if my laptop does start  ican't run the update because the verion of the bios update provided by the hp website is the same instaled on it, which is F.39, or my laptop stays on blanck screen with LED flashes and a heavy fun noise. So guys can you please help me solve this issue, is there a newer version of the bios update online that i can't find on the hp website?
Thank you so much .

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hiba1 Welcome to HP Community!

Updating the BIOS, also known as "flashing the BIOS," replaces the BIOS firmware. When completed successfully, a BIOS update can fix or enhance aspects of a computer's performance, or provide support for newly installed hardware. However, if an incorrect update is installed or if the update process is interrupted, the motherboard can be permanently damaged, leaving the computer unable to boot. It is recommended to update your BIOS only if one or more of the following conditions apply: 

• The update fixes a problem with your computer. 

• The update enhances your computer's performance in the desired way. 

• You are planning to change the operating system, processor, or other feature(s), and the current BIOS version will not support the new configuration. 

• An HP Support Agent, or an HP support document, recommend that you download and install a specific updated BIOS. 

For more information: Click here 

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello, first i would like to thank you for answering me... so, as i have the latest bios version correctly installed.. and after all laptop diagnostics showed that everything is going great, what could be wrong? definitely not a hardware issue because everything seems to be working fine, my laptop startup normally but sometimes stays blank! 

HP Recommended

@Hiba1

In that case, please rollback the BIOS and check for the issue.

Press the Windows key and then followed by the key "B" this time and then the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then release the power button and continue to hold windows+B for 3-4 seconds more.

Also, Please check for the windows update. If any updates are pending, please update the windows update.

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.