Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 360 - 13-a201tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so, i was happily using this computer dualbooting Arch Linux and Windows 10 (UEFI Secure Boot disabled) but then, i saw a BIOS update revision f.35 something. and before i updated, i was on f.24 . now after updating bios, Linux hangs, but windows runs quite fine. acpi=off makes linux turn on, but many other issues have popped up. and acpi=ht doesnt work, but all that is for another day.

the thing is, i thought i can go on the hp driver website, and redownload f.24 and install (downgrade) now, i download the driver (only available if os is windows 8 ) but openign installer out of three options (update bios, copy USB , and copy image) update is greyed out. it says

"The bios update is not compatible with the device"

so i tryed to make bios usb. turn of laptop and do WINDOWS KEY + B + power, and then capslock light starts flashing, but nothing more. then i try F2 on boot and firmware management, and try updating bios/ restoring BIOS but it say signature is invalid.

WHAT DO I DO??! i want linux!!! help please!! thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

thanks, but i tryed that, and just black screen, with capslock light, blinking once in one second, then one in 4 seconds,  and so on. i eventually didnt need to downgrade the bios because

1. I couldnt get it to downgrade and

2. in linux, I added (as boot parameter) acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_osi= 

so no need for bios downgrade 😄

but now (maybe bios issue) battery is 9%, and when connecting charger, EVEN HP UEFI DIAGNOSTICS will say, battery 100% charged, but actually battery is maximum 12 - 13 %!!! i will go to HP service center for that (with some curse words 😉 )

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @LINUX1234

Thanks for the post, I see you are unable to use Linux after updating BIOS, kudos to you for trying to rollback BIOS on your own. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

Firstly, I would like to inform you that HP does not recommend you to change the configuration of the computer, you can do so at your own risk. We only support Windows.

Recommend you to do a hard reset on the computer. Disconnect all external devices, if connected. Make sure you only have the power cable connected to the notebook. 

With only the power cord connected, while holding Win + B turn the computer ON and continue to hold the Win + B for few more seconds. (Few models, the rollback option is done holding the Win + V)

Please click here for instructions. 

Hope his helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks, but i tryed that, and just black screen, with capslock light, blinking once in one second, then one in 4 seconds,  and so on. i eventually didnt need to downgrade the bios because

1. I couldnt get it to downgrade and

2. in linux, I added (as boot parameter) acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_osi= 

so no need for bios downgrade 😄

but now (maybe bios issue) battery is 9%, and when connecting charger, EVEN HP UEFI DIAGNOSTICS will say, battery 100% charged, but actually battery is maximum 12 - 13 %!!! i will go to HP service center for that (with some curse words 😉 )

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.