Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ive had my HP Pavilion x360 for a whole year, and it just stopped working a week before the warranty came to an end. The problem is that it turns on, will load and I’ll get a blue screen with the WATCHDOG error. Has never gotten any further than that. I’ve ran diagnostics and tried to Boot it through a USB that I bought through calling Customer Support after all other options failed. And I ended up losing our case number. So I couldnt call back to explain that the USB didnt work. It’d run the boot and I literally let it run for 2 days and nothing happen. And I tried all throughout the time to fix it and now I no longer have a warranty. And I am still failing to get my laptop to surpass the loading screen.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Expict Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting WATCHDOG error while booting. 

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

First, perform the system test and check if any hardware part has caused. 

Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test

- Shut down/Turn off the computer

- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off

- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard

- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer

- Please select System Test and then select Quick Test

If the system test is passed, you have to perform the recovery.

Please click the below link to Resetting Your Computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Note: Performing the recovery you will lose the personal data and installed application.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196 That is also my problem, I cant access the System Recovery without getting bluescreen.

HP Recommended

@Expict 

Thank you for the update.

The option to perform a recovery with HP Recovery Manager is not available. This issue is exhibited when the option to perform a "Recovery from a Drive" is selected during recovery from Microsoft recovery media. As a result, the HP recovery partition is deleted. This issue occurs in Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).

The computer exhibits one or more of the following symptoms:

• HP recovery cannot be performed

• HP recovery media cannot be created

• The HP recovery partition has been deleted

To resolve the issue, create recovery media with Microsoft Recovery Manager, and then run a recovery from the recovery media.

1. In Windows, search for and open Create a recovery drive.

2. After the Microsoft Recovery Media utility is launched, click Back up system files to the recovery drive.

3. Click Next.

4. When screen displays Connect a USB flash drive, insert a blank USB disk that meets the minimum size requirements.

5. Select the USB device and click Next to start the media creation.

NOTE: If the HP recovery media cannot be created, contact HP Customer phone Support to obtain recovery discs or a USB recovery drive. For more information, see HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive.

Please refer to the following link.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@praveen196 That is also my problem, as I stated I got a HP Recovery USB for my laptop from customer support (due to the fact I cant create a drive on my own atm) and followed the steps and it never goes through. Every test I’ve run on my computer says its Passed. But Everytime I try to go to System recovery I get a blue screen error. Also when I try to Boot from a USB, it’ll load for a while. Then flash blue, then go back to loading with Please Wait under it. And it doesnt ever go beyond there when it restarts or tries loading. I tried leaving it on for a while to see if maybe it needed some time to start up and I could factory reset it. But like said, literally cant get passed a Bluescreen Error or HP Loading Screen

HP Recommended

@Expict

Thank you for posting back.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.