01-19-2011 11:47 PM
My HP Pavilion G60 Notebook PC turns off unexpectedly occasionally. It appears to be a problem I can work around as from what I've observed, it only does this when it is fully charged and is still plugged in. However, it's pretty annoying and I would love to find out if there is a solution! It does not do this all the time but when it does, it just seems to click off, and then restarts after a few seconds and asks how I would like to start the computer. Thanks for any input!
01-20-2011 07:32 AM
How old is the laptop? What surface is it on when this happens? Is the laptop hot when this happens?
01-20-2011 09:13 AM
i've had the laptop for about a year and a half. it is usually sitting on my desk or a desk-like surface when this happens. it doesn't seem to be too hot when this happens as i can usually tell when the fan is in overdrive, but i can't say for sure.
01-20-2011 09:18 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 12:29 PM by OscarFuentes
Cats or Dogs in the house? Sometimes it can be from overheating, check out this article:
01-21-2011 01:38 PM
no cats or dogs around. just me. and i'm not even that hairy heh heh. tried blowing the vents out and did get some stuff out, but it still turned off a couple times last night, still when it was plugged in.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)