Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk0068wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk0068wm laptop.  The laptop powers on and the fans are running.  But the screen remains black with no back light, and no signal to an external monitor if I hook one up.  The running fans have ranged from not running, to running normally, to full speed during the troubleshooting.

I've tried the hard reset, holding the power for 60 seconds, numerous times, with and without the power supply plugged in.

I've let the battery completely drain with no power supply plugged in.  Then tried hard reset again, a few times.

Tried the various button combos listed for bios reset.

When I do the WIN+B bios reset I get the back light activated with a thin white line showing.  I've attached a picture of that.

This started when the laptop was just out of warranty, any  suggestions or confirmations are welcome.IMG_20211008_120245814.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.