Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk10000 Laptop PC (8VD49AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop owned for about 17 months, no problems before this;

Laptop is OFF, when i hit the power button, the LED lights up green, but after about 5 seconds, goes back out. Typically, after being unplugged for a period of time, it will boot up (after about 100 tries across 2 days) and startup will say Cmos Checksum hp error bios 500;

I have searched and searched this issue multiple times and have determined it to be a bios problem. 

On the few times that the pc is able to stay on, I'll run through it and update all drivers and have even initiated Bios updates, that, seem to nullify once the pc has to restart to apply the update because it will revert to not starting again as mentioned above ^

I have uninstalled windows, reinstalled,

Set to factory default

Every fix you can think of, yet it still, once powered off, will restart this problem... 

1. Does this model have a CMOS battery? I have opened it up a couple times and never found one. 

2. All i can think of is motherboard corruption at this point, but if so how am i able to access it once every few days? 

Thoughts? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @bskhooten 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

@bskhooten wrote:

1. Does this model have a CMOS battery? I have opened it up a couple times and never found one. 

2. All i can think of is motherboard corruption at this point, but if so how am i able to access it once every few days? 

(1) No it has no CMOS (2032) battery.  Some BIOS settings and the RTC (realtime clock) are powered by the notebook battery. If the battery is discharged for a longer period of time and no charger is connected, the CMOS error occurs.

(2) Battery and system configuration should be checked.

(3) Run    msinfo32

- Select <System Summary>:

--->>> Copy/screenshot/paste following key/value pairs:

OS Name

Version

System Model

System SKU

( equals HP product number (p/n) )

Processor

BIOS Version/Date

(4Please report your results

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.