Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd1057ur
FreeDOS

Hello
I've got a brand new HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd1057ur laptop with FreeDOS pre-installed. Now I'm trying to install Windows 10, but laptop doesn't see my boot USB drive. I checked USB drive integrity on my PC and it's fully working. Tried to explore some UEFI security features: secure boot - disabled, Intel SGX - was enabled but I disabled it, didn't help. Now I've got no idea what's wrong with it and how to install windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved: for some reason, this laptop didn't see this specific USB flash drive, even if my PC could read, write and load from it. The laptop discovered other USB drives.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

You created the USB drive by using the media creation tool from Microsoft on different PC?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When you turn on the PC and repeatedly press ESC until startup menu appears, then press F9 to enter Boot Menu, you do not see the USB drive?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Hi
I used "UltraISO" software to create a boot USB drive using Windows ISO-image. When I press ESC and choose F9 to enter Boot Menu, there are only 2 options: boot from internal hard drive or from EFI-file, none of them let me boot from USB.

HP Recommended

I would try creating the USB drive with the media creation tool. Create the installation media with the 32 and 64 bit versions on it.

Is fast boost disabled in BIOS?

regards,

David

HP Recommended

I've just created USB boot drive with Microsoft media creation tool - no change, uefi doesn't see USB flash drive.
In this uefi there's no fast boot option or something like that (BIOS vendor - Insyde; BIOS revision - F.21)

HP Recommended

Solved: for some reason, this laptop didn't see this specific USB flash drive, even if my PC could read, write and load from it. The laptop discovered other USB drives.

HP Recommended

Author already solved the problem so my comment was deleted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.