Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ce1005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is very frustrating, around 10pm last night. My laptop decides to shut down , I have a lot of video editing for my YouTube on there so I am pretty worried about my data that I need back. It’s giving me a black screen once I turn the power on, caps lock blinks 5 times and then beeps 4 times quickly. I am not very technical with laptops but please any advice is welcome. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KRS128, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This looks like a system board issue. This happens when the embedded controller times out waiting for the BIOS to return from system board initialization (end of POST).

Remove all the accessories and see if that makes any difference. If you still have issues, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your notebook PC.

Refer to the document https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01732674 for additional details.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.