cfrank86
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Pavilion Notebook no longer recognizes boot hard drive after Win 10 updates

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc023cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've many Windows 10 updates long delayed.

After getting high-speed internet at home I started on the backlog and it has restarted several times.

I went for a walk with one of the most recent security updates pending at 70% and another downloading I believe January 2020 but I didn't take a screenshot before the computer bricked.

When I came back inside the computer was restarting from the blue screen as normal, but when it came back on the BIOS says that there is no hard drive installed, no operating system detectable and memory tests register nothing.

Nothing else has been changed on the machine.

I'm using an ancient Windows 7 machine to download a USB Windows 10 boot disk but I don't want to risk a erasing racing the hard drive if I use it.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation