Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (197 Views)

HP Pavilion Notebook not turning on

Product Name: HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p17
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I have been using my HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p174na for casual use (a couple of times a week, nothing strenuous at all) since I purchased it a year and a half ago. Yesterday I completed a spreadsheet and checked/sent some emails and then turned it off and put it on charge overnight.
This morning I unplugged it and put it away. Then on getting it out to use again this evening I cannot get it to start. I have checked a lot of support pages and searches for the problem and have tried all solutions I have come across (hard resets, attempting turn on with and without battery and/or AV power cord). Nothing seems to work. There are no flashing lights or noises coming from the notebook at all. There also seems to be no damage to any of the cables or power equipment. Please advise what course of action I should now take.
0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 4 (169 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Notebook not turning on

[ Edited ]

Hi @SolJaR12,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that your laptop does not start. There is no screen display, no LED light, and no fan operation. It seems like the laptop does not receive power. Do you have another power charger you can try? Or you can follow the steps under the "Symptom: LED lights do not glow, display is black, computer does not start" of this link

Let me know how it goes.

If this post helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (141 Views)

Hello,

Sorry, I have only just managed to get my hands on another HP notebook and power charger.

The other power charger still did not work on my notebook (trying all methods with and without battery in etc). However, my charger did work on the other notebook. So it seems to be something wrong with my actual computer unit.

Unfortunately the battery for the other notebook was not the same so I was unable to switch them over to see if it is the battery that is faulty.

Please, any further suggestions on my options now would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Retired
Message 4 of 4 (128 Views)

Hi @SolJaR12,

I think you are correct that it is the issue of the hardware of the laptop itself. You may need to contact a local repair store or HP support to arrange a repair. Maybe the motherboard is faulty.

To contact HP Support, use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation