Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion F6C88PA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Help needed to reset BIOS password

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@cramer4u2 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

A TKB artcile exists on such issues - you may want to check it out >> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/I-forgot-my-password-Can-HP-help-me-reset-it/...

HP can remove BIOS/UEFI and power on passwords via a service of the computer. You can contact HP Support to set this up. Options vary depending on location and warranty status (Service fee may apply). You will have to  contact HP Support  for assistance on removing the password.

Here is how to reach to HP:

>> https://support.hp.com/nz-en/contact-hp

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for that (Yes I have read that artidle), however there are no Authorized service providers in New Zealand for some reason so doesn't look like  that is an option.

When searching internet I see there are a lot of people getting reset codes given to them are you able to do this.  I have the link to the codes however I get access denied while trying to access.

As another option, if I was to remove the CMOS/RTC battery for 30 mins would this reset the BIOS password? Or is the password held elsewhere?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the comments.

It is against the rules of participation in the Community to discuss such things to help you with this. There used to be some people getting codes, this is not valid anymore - rules have changed. For security reasons such assistance cannot be done online as there is no way for me to verify you that you are the real owner of the computer.

• Please, reach to HP NZ directly as I have given you the link above. Thank you for your understanding !
Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

When I try and contact HP Customer Support via website, and put my notebook details in, i.e.

clipboard_image_0.png

then it just takes me to the following page.

clipboard_image_1.png

Can anyone help me please??

HP Recommended

Using What's App to contact HP and their reply which is telling me the motherboard needs to be replaced....

Something is wrong here when you get totally different answers to your question from different parts of HP.

HP.JPGHP1.JPGHP2.JPG

Is anyone able to help me of is it too hard to deal with?

HP Recommended

@cramer4u2

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.