Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dm1 4055sg

The BIOS/UEFI of my old dm1 4055 seems to be broken. The caps lock led is blinking and nothing is on the screen. I tried to recover the BIOS with an USB stick created with "Support envirement for HP UEFI" 5.3.3.0 with BIOS F.19. But no success.

What else can I do?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Fiorino Welcome to HP Community!

The only version of the BIOS available for this device is for Windows 8.1 and is listed below for your use:

Operating systems:

Windows 8 (64-bit)

Release date:

Feb 26, 2013

File name:

sp60868.exe < Click here to download

(4.0 MB)

The product is obsolete and hence, I can only provide limited support to help you out, for more details on available drivers: click here

And if you wish to learn more about what the capslock blinks represent: click here to resolve the issue.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the long delay and thank you for the link to the blink codes.

Your linked BIOS is the one I tried.

According to the capslock blink codes for pre 2015 notebooks it seems to me that the CPU may be damaged. I thought that it might be the BIOS because the last thing I did was trying a BIOS update.

I see 1 blink every 4 seconds.

HP Recommended

@Fiorino Since the issue occurred after a BIOS update: click here for steps to recover the last known good working BIOS, and if that doesn't help, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No success with restoring BIOS.

I know that the notebook is out of warranty. So I think I have to accept that it is broken. Maybe I find a used one.

Thank you very much for all your effort.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.