06-03-2011 02:46 PM
My newly bought hp dm4-1265dx has shutdown, sleep and hibernate problems. my laptop has no problems in starting up. However, when i do the things above, my laptop gives a black screen, however the power indicator is still lit and i still hear the fan running. The only way to turn it off is holding the power button. I also noticed that it takes at least 30 seconds to restart. I already tried updating the bios and windows update, changing the msconfig settings to have a clean boot, disabling the usb suspend setting and doing the HDD tests through the BIOS. Is this a hardware problem?
10-12-2011 01:21 AM
I have a similar problem. First time start-up is always smooth and easy. However, if I leave the laptop idle for more than an hour, it either has a black screen (from which I cannot wake it up without cold rebooting) or it goes to a blue screen (which I need to pull the battery out of it in order to even be able to reboot it. Help?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)