11-26-2011 12:42 PM
I am working on a Pavilion dv6 laptop for a friend and when it boots up it locks up every time. There are no blinking lights to tell me of any hardware failure and i did a Hard Reset and no change. I have it in the bios now and it keeps switching between bios menu screens on its own once in a while and the keyboard keys are not working even in the bios. Does this mean bad motherboard? The keyboard functions long enough to get into the bios or first system recovery screen or the login screen but then the system freezes up every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated! This one is 3 yrs old and out of warranty and it has Vista as its OS.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)