Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion dv6 with OS windows 10 is showing black screen with flashing cursor. System passed memory and hard disk checks. Problem started after replacing my old battery. I got raid volume error first as attached and then results in black screen. Plz suggest.

20210520_231132.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gathi 

A black screen with flashing cursor indicates that the laptop can not see the boot loader files in order to start the boot process.  This probably happened because you are NOW seeing RAID in the BIOS screen, I am reasonably sure your OS was not installed using any RAID mode.

You will have to go into the BIOS settings and disable RAID.  You do that by pressing the Esc key repeatedly while rebooting and when the HP Startup Menu appears, press the F10 key to get into Settings.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.