03-30-2011 05:27 PM
We had the same issue. We found a motherboard onling and replaced it. The laptop worked for about 3 months or so and did the same thing again. It just stopped working and no lights would come on. It appears it is a defect in the laptop itself that fries motherboards/power supplies. Very disappointed in the products failure. When it worked it was great.
07-28-2011 09:15 PM
I think there is a design flaw on this laptop. My GF parents have this laptop and I have replaced the Motherboard twice. HP laptops get very hot and have poor cooling causing the chips to burn. Both motherboards I have replaced the chips were burned. My GF has a laptop similar and I bought her a good laptop cooler to try to keep it cool. The laptop cooler has helped but I think without it that board will go bad soon. To the OP about buying another board and not seeing anything maybe the screen connection was not seated all the way and loose.
07-09-2012 10:49 AM
Even I am facing the same problem.I bought it just 5 days back.Yesterday it was in perfect condition.I shut it down in the night and when I tried to start it today morning it doesnt respond.The power doesnt turn on at all.
But the battery is getting charged.Thats the only light that is turned on when connected to power supply.
I am returning this laptop today..grrrrrr........
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)