Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 - au101nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I just got a brand new HP Pavilion 15 - au101nx and everytime I put my laptop on freeze and want to wake it, it just freezes. The lock screen shows up, but I can't wake it with a ny key or the touch pad and have to keep rebooting it completely.

I've tried a lot of fixes, including a popular one about the Intel Management Engine Interface solution, the one that talks about installing Version 9. (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-Resolve-Post-Windows-10-...)

When I try running this application on my  laptop, it says that the  "computer doesn't t mean the minimum requirements to install the driver".

Really need to solve this problem, it's very very frustrating!

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @wmuzaffar,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand that you require assistance regarding random freezes of the computer. I will be really glad to assist you here.

Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a software or Windows update?
  • Did you run diagnostics on the computer and check if the hardware is fully functional.

For now let us first establish that there is no hardware issue with the computer.

Please run extended diagnostics on the computer from this link: HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures  and check if they pass.

• If any component fails, It will display a failure code. Please make a note of it and contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.
  • If diagnostics pass then Please follow these steps:
  • Please install the latest HP support assistant and run all the updates for bios, chipset, network, audio and display on your PC from our HP support website, using this link. Then check if the issue gets resolved.
  • Please make sure to run all Windows 10 updates also and check again.
  • For further assistance please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2tNvKPN  for  HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 8).

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, thanks, I will try this and get back to you within 24 hours. Really hope this works out

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeet_singh, 

I patiently tried ALL these steps. My laptop passed all the system and component tests, there's no problem there. I've updated the drivers and BIOS many times already, no change. As for the last link you sent, the screen freeze problem isn't program related, it's related to whenever I put the computer on sleep. I did try uninstalling/reinstalling Office, but I haven't downloaded any other programs anyway.

PLEASE GIVE A PROPER SOLUTION!

Really look forward to hearing from you regarding this.

HP Recommended

ALSO, as mentioned earlier, I followed this link:

https://support.hp.com/id-en/product/omen-by-hp-17-w100-laptop-pc/12499486/model/14134965/document/c...

It tells me to downgrade my Intel Management Engine Interface Driver to version 9 or 10, using the provided link. However, it gives me an error message that says:

"The computer does not meet the minimum requirements to download this software".

If you can guide me how to do this, I am pretty sure we'd be a LOT closer to solving this crappy issue!

Please reply soon!

HP Recommended

Hi @wmuzaffar,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would recommend you try these steps here: 

IF the POWER and WiFi Lights don't go out, try the following 2 fixes:

Setting 1:

Go to Control Panel / Power Options

Click "Choose what the power buttons do"

Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable" (if necessary)

Scroll down and UNCHECK "Turn on Fast Startup"

Click "Save Changes"

If you haven't tried this before, it may be the only thing you need to change.  You need to reboot in order to make the change effective.  Keep in mind that the change is only effect on the NEXT rooboot/power down, so you have to reboot twice to see if the change actually worked.  

If you're still having problems, try the following:

Setting 2

Go to Control Panel / Network and Sharig Center

Click "Change Adapter Settings"

On your active WiFi adapter,  Right-Click and click on Properties

Click the Configure button

Click the "Advanced" tab

Scroll down to " Wake on Magic Packet"

Set the value to "Disabled"

Do the same for "Wake on Pattern Match" if you have that setting

Click OK

Reboot to take effect, as with Setting 1, it'll take 2 reboots to see if the change was effective.

For more assistance, please follow these links here: HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎

HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.

Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I  have already tried the first option, it didn't work.

The second one doesn't work for me because I can't find those options on my network adapter. Please look at the picture below to see what options I have on my advanced tab:HP.PNG

Lastly, I understand all you're doing is linking me to online links that I've already looked at. These are literally of no use to me, since you aren't really proactively guiding my specific problem.

So please, look at my adapter settings AND tell me how to downgrade my Intel MEI to Version 9 or 10!!! I don't really need any other online solutions.

HP Recommended

Hi @wmuzaffar,

As I understand you are having issues with the intel management drivers, don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

Here's a related HP Forums post which seems to have helped others, please try this link: Click here

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, so I'll break this down again!

I have ALSO tried this link. The Intel MEI files provided do not install on my laptop. This is the error message that shows up:

HP AGAIN.PNG

Therefore, I can not do anything because this Intel MEI does not work for me! 

In other words, I can not downgrade it to version 9 or 10!!!!

If there is someone at your company who knows what the problem is all about, please just give me a way to contact them! 

Honestly, I do not understand why and how your company could sell a brand new laptop that lacks such a basic function and no one knows how to fix it! I'm definitely going to blog about this so that no one makes the mistake of buying a crappy HP laptop.

HP Recommended

Hi @wmuzaffar,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested from the previous post and still having the issue, I would suggest you follow all the steps suggested in the support document for -  HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would personally suggest the next step would be to revert the computer back to the Operating system installed on the PC. Doing this will wipe off everything and set the computer back to the original factory conditions. So, please remember to back up your data before initiating system recovery. If for some reason the recovery fails. The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.