cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
FatFury
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Pavilion gaming 15 ec0715ms Corrupt Bios

HP Recommended
ec0715ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 
I had an issue with freezing and restarting and through recommendations I found on the forums an BIOS update would be a possible help. I ran the bios update it became corrupt and I haven't been able to do anything since. I get the 500 error message. It attempts the Bios Update/Repair over and over with no new result.  Ive tried every option recommended on the forums.. from wiin v+b cmos and bios resets. The usb stick reset a win 10 repair attempt. Unplugged battery, taken it apart. Ive tried just about everything. The only successful story I've read involved replacing the Bios chip itself with a new one. I was hoping to do that as a last resort, so if anyone have any recommendations or ideas on how to fix this issue, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation