Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Matt28v6 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion notebook will not boot

Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n027sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I need help. My HP laptop will not boot, the power light is on the WiFi led on the f12 key is amber.  I can hear the fan going but it just will not boot.  I'm not getting any fashing led.  I have tried a recovery USB but still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2785 144 326
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Matt28v6,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that your laptop starts with a black screen, the fan is working, and power and wifi lights are on.

Please follow this document for troubleshooting: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Matt28v6 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried the hard reset, but my notebook still will not boot, I'v tried to boot from hp diagnostic usb with no luck

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation