Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Battery test says battery is good.  Charge on battery says 100%.  Laptop will not boot or run when adapter is not connected.  If adapter is not plugged in, pressing power on button does NOTHING.  If adapter is plugged in, pressing power button starts laptop.  If laptop is running and adapter gets unplugged, laptop goes dark immediately, too fast for any event viewer entries to report on it.

I have updated BIOS to latest, F.52 Insyde, no change.   I updated IMEI to 9.5, 11.6, 11.7, 18xx and 19xx, no change.  I have done Win 10 device mgr battery "uninstall device" and reboot, no change.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DadForAliens

Welcome to HP support community.

How did you run the test on battery?

Did check with an alternate wall outlet?

Meanwhile:

Run test on AC adapter which is listed under Component test.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Component test.

Reinstall the battery issue

• Go to Device Manager and look for Battery.
  • Double click or expand the Battery.
  • Right click on Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery and uninstall it.
  • Turn the computer off completely by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 seconds.
  • Unplug the charge and check if you could unplug the battery as well.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Plug in the battery.
  • Plug in the charger.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.