Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360

HP Pavilion screen turns back but laptop won’t turn off. It has an internal battery so I can’t take it out. This is the 4th time it has happened and I have to let the battery die. It is VERY annoying and keeping me from doing my job! 😡

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Vaninge  

Welcome !

This may be caused by a hardware problem (less likely) or Windows glitch (software or drivers not "shutting down" preventing Windows to shut down).

Here are a couple of things you may need to try :

Check Device Manager

1. Click on the Windows Start button, type and then open Device Manager
2. Locate System devices and expand the trail

3. Locate and right click on "Intel (R) Management Engine Interface" then select Properties
4. Select Power management tap
5. And uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
6. Save it and close it.

Turn off Fast Startup

• Click on Start button
  • Type control.exe and Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power button does
  • Click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable" and Uncheck "Turn on Fast Startup"
  • Make sure you press "Save changes" button

Try updating the BIOS

Scan your computer for viruses/malware/unwanted apps

.... Run the free ESET Online Scanner (www.eset.com) >> http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetonlinescanner_enu.exe

Scan your PC for viruses, threats and unwanted/unsafe applications - remove if anything found.

.... Run AdwCleaner >>https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Make sure you take the time needed and perform all the steps above.

If they did not help, I have few more tricks to try.

• Let me know how it goes and provide details
Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.