02-20-2012 10:26 AM - edited 02-21-2012 12:25 PM
I have an HP Pavillion DV7-3065dx.
The laptop was only charging when the AC adapter plug was angled in a certain way, eventually this stopped working all-together. I bought a new AC adapter (same as the original, I verified the wattage and amperage), the light next to the AC plug on the laptop lights up white/blue when plugged in, no other lights are lit.
The laptop is completely unresponsive. Tried removing battery, unplugging AC, holding power for 25 seconds. Did not help.
Assumed possible damage to the AC jack cord. Opened up laptop, replaced AC jack cord to motherboard, still no change.
At this point, am I looking at a fried motherboard, or are there still other options available to me?
02-06-2013 07:03 PM
I can see this is one year old post without any solution. I am having the same problem now so want to know how did you solve it then. Was the problem with Motherboard? If possible please reply me.
02-16-2013 01:58 PM
Have you found out what the problem is?
Should it still power up if the battery is no good?(with the power cable plugged in?) Mine will not. does this mean I need a new power cable or a new battery? How can I determine which one?>>> Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)