Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion G6 won't start.

Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am using my HP pav laptop for more than 3 years. I do not have the exact model number in my mind. I will post it after wards. 

The problem is my laptop was overheating then suddenly it switched off. I closed my laptop and waited for it to cool down.

After 3-4 hours I tried to start the laptop again, it switched on and then it went blank. Since, then it did not switch on.

Below given is the total info: - 

1. The red blinking light on the keyboard works blinks once when I press the power button.

2. The LED light beside the charger is working fine.

3. I tried doing a hard reset but it did not work.

Can you please help me as to what should be done now?

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion G6 won't start.

Hi@avi_val,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.

I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion g6 Notebook and overheating and shutting down. Here is a link to overheating, as this might be the cause of the shutting down. If the Notebook has dust on the fans it could be overheating. 

If that does not help at the end of this document it shows you to do a Hardware Test

The final thing you should try is to restore the BIOS to factory defaults. F10 at the starting of the Notebook.

Hope this helps. Please get back to me how this goes.

If you wish to say Thanks for my efforts to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation