Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion x360 won't turn on

HP Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This HP X360 won't turn on past the spinning cursor immediately after it's turned on.  It's been rotating like this for a whole day till the battery ran out. :Crying: 

It's fully charged and all programs are up-to-date and has a Kapersky antivirus.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion x360 won't turn on

Hey @Mercie_sh, 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I understand that you're HP x360 Notebook PC will not turn on. You mentioned that you see a spinning cursor as soon as it turns on but it would not progress any further. 

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Here is a document I found called Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). Please follow each and every troubleshooting step in this document to help narrow down where the issue may be coming from. 

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Can you do a Hardware Test?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

If the computer locks up at the Windows loading screen, try cleaning out any spot that dust may get in with compressed air. Restart the computer. If Windows 10 opens, great! If Windows 10 does not open, please try Removing and reseating the memory modules

Follow these steps to remove and reseat memory modules:

1. Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the cover to access the memory.

3. Reinsert all memory modules.

4. Replace the service cover, battery, and power cord.

5. Turn on the computer.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please just re-post with the detailed results of the troubleshooting steps provided and the answers to the questions above. 

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking the appropriate post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. 

Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) so that I can look into your Product Specifications and Drivers page. 

Thank you! 

Have a wonderful day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation