Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Laptop  can`t turn on.

The light near power jack is flashing and there is no reaction :HalfEyes:

132.jpg

Just this light always flashing (turns on/off) and notebook don`t work (always white light)

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Oks,

See this document: 

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

You might start with the section titled  Battery power LED blinks

Brilliant Posting Advice

Click the Kudos Star!

It is a nice way to say “Thank You” for the help.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
i`ve done it 20-30 times. Don`t work!
HP Recommended

I am sorry to hear that, although I do not know what "it" might be.

If poking at it, resetting it, and replacing the AC adapter and / or the battery do not work, then there may be an internal hardware failure.

I do not have a long-distance fix for failed hardware.  :Crying:

You can ask HP directly:

Worldwide Support Portal

Contact HP – USA - Phone Assistance

Warranty Required – USA and Canada

USA – Contact HP // Self-Help – Email - Chat

You might take the box to a trusted hardware tech and ask for an opinion based on a quick diagnosis.

Click the Kudos Star!

It is a nice way to say “Thank You” for the help.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

You are probably using the wrong power adapter.  Check the volts and amps on the power adapter you are trying to use and then look on the back of the laptop to see which one it requires.  The voltage should be the same and the amps should be at least or more than the computer requires, NOT LESS.  It is very important to have the RIGHT power adapter...not just one that fits and powers it on.

Kim

HP Recommended

OK I just had this problem like some hours back and figured out it happens when I plug in the power cable the white charge LED keeps on blinking without any thing else (no boot, no sounds, alarms etc.). I found out this happens where the charging port and cable is lose and I had a re-plug softly.

Solved my problem.

HP Recommended

my hp probook doesn't charge power jack flashing but no action

HP Recommended

Change  Genuine power adaptor 

this will solve your problem.

HP Recommended
Yes
HP Recommended

Probably it is too late for you but this might be helpfull to someone. I had a same issue with probook 4530s and I solved problem with solution I didn't find anywhere. My battery was old and because it was not holding any power I removed it a while ago. Now I had a problem with blinking power LED and not turning on.

After hours and hours searching the web I got an idea that maybe problem was with battery disconnection. I found motherboard schema and I unpluged jack rounded on picture (it is for charging battery) from motherboard and now everything works fine.  I hope this will help someone 🙂

Best! 

IMG_20180906_123107.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.