Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I assume your laptop still in warrantee and the system was actually approved for windows 11.  

Contact the service center

https://support.hp.com/us-en/service-center

Tell them that after upgrading to 11 the system lost control of the battery.  The battery charges to %100 all the time and when you run the the battery history report it shows 29 re-charges but shows ZERO for all capacities and the complete history is missing from the report which indicates a loss of function.  You might also add that you use it frequently on business trips and are concerned it might overheat when used on air-travel.  Tell them you installed the updates as recommended by the community.

In the meantime look in the win11 event viewer under "system" and look for any error messages mentioning power or battery.  Estimate the time and date you ran that battery report and scan down to that time in "systems" and look for anything unusual.  Since the battery report is probably and "app" you might look in "applications" also.

Good Luck!

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

I created account just to reply on this incompetency by HP Support. It's absolutely ridiculous. Your advices to the main issue are totally incompetent. I have the same problem with my HP EliteBook 745 G6 after upgrading to BIOS 1.17.00. Luckily, my HP notebook is my company notebook, so I don't care if the battery get malfunction over the time when charged to 100% constantly. Today I received update to 1.18.00 and it is the same. It is not related to Windows 11, because I am using Windows 10. Bios setting set to maximize battery health and the battery is still charging to 100%. Before it was up to 80%. 

HP Recommended

@JozefJonas

>I created account just to reply on this incompetency by HP Support. It's absolutely ridiculous.

How are you able to contact them? I've tried to visit https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/hp-probook-440-g6-notebook-pc/23200928/model/3822573... but it stucks in "Loading forever" status.

BTW, this forum is community board, it is not an official support forum.

>Your advices to the main issue are totally incompetent.

I have the same opinion. Most repliers in this tread does not understand the core of the problem.

>Luckily, my HP notebook is my company notebook, so I don't care if the battery get malfunction over the time when charged to 100% constantly.

Same here. But I am planning to buy back this notebook in some time, so it is better that the battery condition will be good.

>Bios setting set to maximize battery health and the battery is still charging to 100%. Before it was up to 80%. 

I believe that this is not a bug, but a conspiracy for profit feature from HP to reduce the battery lifespan, so that the notebook owners will buy a new one or will go to the service and pay money for battery replacement.

HP Recommended

It looks like this problem has been going on for some time.  Please read this thread

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Add-quot-Battery-Care-Function...

The support agent states the problem will be made known (to developers?)  and provides a link for sending a personal message about the problem.  You might message "Praveen196" about the problem or contact any support agent as I mentioned earlier.

It is not likely HP is making money off the battery as new from China $35 including shipping.  Applying Occam's razor make me think they simply screwed up.

Can you try two things?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/windows-11-battery-charging-error/a1a704da-21d...

except at line 6 I  think they mean to put an X in the box.  You can try both

Also the following.  It will not fix the battery problem but it will tell us if Microsoft ever fixed the problem of the battery report not having capacities.   The battery report your posted was missing all capacities as well as events.  That indicates a driver problem.  Googling I read where (of all things!) the report has to be in English.  If your "local" is English then don't bother trying the following.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powercfg-batteryreport-missing-values-in-all/d...

I would hate to think the battery charging is not working unless you are using Englsih!

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

Aha, that is something elese now, right? Now read your and Gold-Masters previous replies in this topic to understand why people are getting upset.

HP Recommended

@n0-name .

ry the following:
Power draining is adequate for a hardware restart or hard reset to be performed, and this does not erase personal information.
Many boot errors and other problems can be solved by decreasing the stored energy of hardware components. This procedure of reducing stored energy is also known as a hard reset.
o Turn off the computer.
o Disconnect the computer from any port replicators or docking stations.
o Disconnect all peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, or printers.
o Disconnect the AC adapter from the computer.
o Turn the computer over and look for the battery compartment door to determine whether or not your computer's battery is removable.
o Now to consume any residual electrical charge from the capacitors protecting the memory, perform the following as it is the basics of this:
If you see an access door to the battery compartment, your equipment has a removable battery. Remove the battery, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds, reinsert the battery back into the compartment and proceed to the next step.
If you do not see any access door to the battery compartment, your computer does not have a removable battery. On most laptops with a non-removable battery, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to complete the restart and proceed to the next step. More information: https://support.hp.com/mx-es/document/c01811996
1. Reconnect the AC adapter to the computer, but do not connect any peripheral devices.
2. Turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows normally and then press enter.
3. Once the peripheral devices are connected, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all drivers and the system.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Oh, please stop this… you knaw what.

HP Recommended

@BeemerBiker

Thanks for the link to the thread, but i have not found PM or any similar function here to contact the user. 

HP Recommended

@GOLD_MASTER

Not worked for me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.