Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 250 G4

I set a BIOS administrator password but when I tried to access BIOS using the same password I lock the machine and get the error code 6948160. How do I unlock the system?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sisavwal

Try entering   76540166

REO

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Sisavwal

Could you recheck that code is it 7 or 8 digits???

REO

HP Recommended

My error, The code is indeed 8 digits however I mityped it. the code is actually 69468160.

Thanks for the quick response.

HP Recommended

@Sisavwal

Try entering   76540166

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks fot the help REO. I did find the solution elsewhere just before your reply, but it was the same number.

HP Recommended

@Sisavwal

Just one question did the Probook produce the halt code???

That is a first for me.

REO

HP Recommended

It did after three failed attempts, although looking at the BIOS the product is displaying Notebook 250 G4. It was purchased as a Probook.

HP Recommended
also i have the same problem the error code is 92970138 what should i do please
HP Recommended

hi i

recently i updated my bios and after successful update i tried to enter bios and its asking for admin password but i never has set any admin password i

t says system disabled [ | 87228416]

i can normally boot into my os but cant enter the bios plz help me

HP Recommended

iam getting halt code 87228416

plzz help me brother it happened after updating my bios

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.