10-09-2016 10:16 AM
Hi, My HP Probook 4530s is not booting with Windows 7. When turning on, it brings the "Start Windows" page with the Windows logo and it freezes there! It is however loading on Safe Mode. I have tried reinstalling the WIndows 7, it worked at first and didn't freeze, but after installing the ATI graphics driver, which is necessary for having appropriate display, it again freezed after rebooting at the same Windows Start page. What is wrong with my computer?! Please help!
10-10-2016 04:55 AM
It seems there could be problem with your dedicated GPU since when you ran just with integrated one (without ATI driver installed), it worked fine. It could have been damaged somehow.
Where are you from? If you live in some country with very high temperatures, it could be overheaten if not handled with appropriate thermal paste and thus damaged, for example.
However, it could be some kind of "random failure". Is your laptop still covered by warranty? If so, I would bring it back instead of trying to figure out by yourself...
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)