Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (232 Views)

HP Probook 4530s freezing

Product Name: Probook 4530s
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, My HP Probook 4530s is not booting with Windows 7. When turning on, it brings the "Start Windows" page with the Windows logo and it freezes there! It is however loading on Safe Mode. I have tried reinstalling the WIndows 7, it worked at first and didn't freeze, but after installing the ATI graphics driver, which is necessary for having appropriate display, it again freezed after rebooting at the same Windows Start page. What is wrong with my computer?! Please help!

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 3 (196 Views)

Re: HP Probook 4530s freezing

It seems there could be problem with your dedicated GPU since when you ran just with integrated one (without ATI driver installed), it worked fine. It could have been damaged somehow.
Where are you from? If you live in some country with very high temperatures, it could be overheaten if not handled with appropriate thermal paste and thus damaged, for example.
However, it could be some kind of "random failure". Is your laptop still covered by warranty? If so, I would bring it back instead of trying to figure out by yourself...

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (151 Views)

Re: HP Probook 4530s freezing

Thank you Dave. I am from Canada, I do not think the machine has been overheated. This laptop is 4 years old and is not covered by any warranty anymore.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation