cancel
WEG697 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook 4540s with windows 7 multiple user accounts Keyboard is locked for 1 user only

We have 5 user accounts set up on the HP Probook 4540s using Windows 7; One user has keyboard locked; this user has fingerprint password protection; when windows screen appears there is an icon showing that keyboard and touch mouse are locked;

How can I disable the lock so user can use keyboard and mouse? I tried correct with an update to the driver and a windows restore; 

Thank you,

WEG697

1 REPLY 1
Grad Student
Grad Student
767 688 9 57
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook 4540s with windows 7 multiple user accounts Keyboard is locked for 1 user only

on mine, when setup right (wise to do them all, )

there are 3 login methods

1: FINGER

2: pASSWORD.

3: ANSWER THE 3 QUESTIONs,  LIKE" ROCK PAPER SISSORS" LOL.  do not fail to set this up... or you'd not be posting if did.

OFF hand, id say,  have them create and account again, with all 3 or last 2 only.

then us microsoft, way of transfering acount data.  (if possible at all, only MS knows this because the rule are changing now with updates happening..  (w7 old is not like w7 NOW)

The trick is to take owner ship of the old account data. as ADMIN.

I am not HP, and I am fully retired since 2009 from this industry. older than dirt,
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation