Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
SVTKING Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook G50 G1 Bios admin password locked when encrypted

HP Probook G50 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP Probook G50 G1 Bios admin password locked when encrypted. How do I get into my bios under administrative privledges with out buying another worthless waranty? Thanks for the any help.

ENGKING
3 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
7948 629 2834
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @SVTKING

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

If the device's HDD (the data) is encrypted, HP cannot assist you decrypt the disk.

If you require assistance on removing the BIOS password and BIOS security and enter the BIOS, HP Business support can help you.

Most business class notebooks (including yours Probook and Elitebook) have better tighter security - they do not procude halt codes. You will have to contact HP Business Support for assistance on removing the password.

Note that assistance for such issues is usually free of charge for business class computers.

Here is how to contact HP >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/business-support.html

HP Business support should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file and instructions which you can use  to reset the password. Level 1 agent will collect the data and details and will transfer the case to level 2 engineer who will contact you via email in the following days.

Hope this helps. Provide your feedback and let me know if you face any difficulties.

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
ENGKING Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am unable to contact HP because of the no warranty status of my machines. Funny how the bios password got scrambled the day after my warranty and or support ticket ran out from the purchase of a new hard drive. Thanks for trying to help, I will probably have to re-nstall windows.

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
7948 629 2834
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

@ENGKING

@SVTKING

Thanks for replying back.

As per my check with HP - assistance for such issues for business class computers (likes yours) is free of charge even with warranty period expired. You should be able to contact HP Support for Business and ask for this assistance which should be provided even with warranty expired.

I am afraid that reinstalling the operating system (Windows or other) will not help in fixing BIOS related issues because the operating system is stored on the hard disk drive (HDD or SSD) and the BIOS is part of the motherboard - a.k.a. they are differen things.

I suggest you try to contact HP Business support as mentioned above. If you still face difficulties, please post again and provide details.

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation