Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
momereti Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook Top 6570b won't boot with connected "WD smartware" external USB device

HP Probook Top 6570b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have the  HP Notebook ProBook Top 6570b with Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit Edition. When I connect the "WD Smartware Ultra" external USB device the Notebook won't boot. It will stop booting at the black screen with HP Logo and the "F10 BIOS configuration" message at the bottom of the screen. When I unplug the "WD Smartware Ultra", then my Notebook, will boot normally and everything works. After a login to my windows account, I can connect the "WD Smartware Ultra" to my USB and my backup works perfectly. When I want to reboot my Notebook Probook Top 6570b, then it will freeze again at the black screen with HP logo as mentinned before. I already changed some parameters in the BIOS (order of bootable devices e.g. SDD, USB, CD-ROM,... ), but it didn't work. 

Thanks for your help. 

2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2315
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook Top 6570b won't boot with connected "WD smartware" external USB device

Hi @momereti,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, The issue that you have with this HP Notebook ProBook Top 6570b is classified as a commercial product (business line).

Our Commercial Support Team does not provide assistance via this platform.
If you require immediate assistance, you will need to log a case with our Commercial Support Team.

Please click on this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/business-support.html for more details and support.

Let me know if you require further information and/or assistance.

Hope this helps. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos for my efforts to help. if this helps, please mark it as an "Accepted solution"

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
momereti Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your reply was useless for me. I always hate this kind of answers: you say nothing useful, but want me to push the button "accept as a solution" and you want a "thumbs up". Well,... NO. Instead of writing such useless answers better don't reply to my questions next time, please. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation