Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (100 Views)

HP Probook won't start

Product Name: Hp Probook 4540s
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So yesterday I opened my Probook 4540s, and it was at 0% charge (The OS literaly displayed that), which was weird. I tried playing with it a little, I've connected it to a charger, and it did not detect it - and eventually the probook shut down.

At this moment the laptop won't turn on, and my guess is it's either the power brick, or the motherboard. I tried replacing the power cable connected to the brick but it didn't quite help.

When the power cord is connected to the laptop, the LED blinks each second, but its a weird blink, like not on\off, it's turning on, blinking, turning on, blinking etc, but the laptop isn't charged, it wont start with either the battery connected or without it. Tried hard resetting, didnt work either.

Does that sound like more of a motherboard issue? If so, what could I do to fix it? Should it be expensive?
0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)

Re: HP Probook won't start

When I say it did not detect the charger I mean it was simply not charging
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation