03-29-2011 03:53 AM
I have ordered recovery disks for my hp pavilion dv6-3125sa notebook, and during the installation it freezes at the last step (Restoring files to the hard drive) at 12%.
04-14-2011 01:49 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 12:45 PM by OscarFuentes
@ Chiru, UncleDan, jj82,
Please provide us the complete model of your system along with the operating system, so that we can assist you in a better way.
How to locate model number:
10-20-2011 02:30 PM
I had the same problem when I ordered my disk. Came to this site after Googling "HP recovery hangs at 12%." Read a few posts and someone said you have to let the pc run overnight. I have insomnia so I just didn't sleep. I started at 6pm and at 2am it went from 12% to 62% and so on until it finished installing at around 3:30 am. My computer restarted and the system was up and running like normal. The instructions say to wait 4-6hrs.
12-06-2011 10:22 PM
Same thing with me. Frozen in time at 12% (@10pm Dec 6, 2011). Let's see how long it takes. I'll be patient. This is my second try. After trying the first time I googled for help and found this Forum posting. I have an HP Pavilion dv6, running windows 7.
tick, tock, tick, tock, yawn!!!! It better hurry cause I have a plane to catch tomorrow!
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)