Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
SPECTRE 15T (2017 MODEL)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 2 year old laptop died suddenly and wouldn't start. It is out of warranty and I took it to local repair shop and was told that the motherboard needs replacement. Isn't HP ashamed of making such unreliable pieces of garbage. This is quite a step down from the glory days of HP (40 years ago) when HP was synonymous with quality, innovation and reliability. Is someone in the HP leadership listening or they have cocooned themselves in their Ivory towers?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Banaga

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This just happened to me as well. My x360 is not even two years old. I thought it was a bad charger and ordered a new one only to find that one did not work either. Finally did more research and see this may be a motherboard issue? Seriously? I really liked this computer but I can't by a $1300 computer every year and a half.

All this while my my 8720 printer sits unresponsive in my office. 

HP Recommended

@Dbcox03

I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.