Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP SPECTRE X360

My X360 won't turn on.

There are no lights - even when the charger is plugged in.
The 'hold-down-button' reset doesn't work either....

It just died during use. There is almost nothing on the laptop as it's only used briefly as a 'pad' for a puzzle game and for accounts and browsing, etc.

Any advice appreciated, as trying to contact HP is impossible without paying money upfront? 😞

Cheers.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi! @Podgkin, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have issues turning on your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Have you tried checking the adapter with a different wall out or a different adapter?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Check if the pin inside the DC/charging port is bent or broken.

Try the steps recommended below.

If a PC suddenly fails to boot properly, you should perform a hard reset as the first procedure.
Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards. You want to test the computer, not the accessories!
Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.
Reconnect the AC power adapter (but do not connect the battery), Press the Power button, Look for glowing LEDs near caps lock and num lock keys, and Listen for sounds of a disk drive and fan turning.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot no power issues.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for coming back to me...!

The product number is:  LOB60EA#ABU

Have tried the troubleshooting guide - but as nothig happens - no lights, no fan, nothing - I'm stuck.
(I can't remove the battery - it's a Spectre laptop. 😄 )
*although there is access to it through screws on the rear - is it worth a try?

We don't have an equivalent HP charger/AC that fits. Sorry....

It was just being used for an 'app-style' puzzle game, and switched off. 😞 

Literally nothing else on there...? 😕 

Help! 😉 

HP Recommended

@Podgkin, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you don't have any alternate adapter to charge your laptop.

Try taking the laptop to a local repair shop and check with an adapter if your laptop is powering on.

If the laptop still does not power on.

It is a hardware issue, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 

Take Care1 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
@MrRobot I have a similar problem that I am also going to have to take to a repair shop to see what was wrong. I left my computer alone for about 3 months without using it and it just won't turn on, no lights or anything even when plugged in.
HP Recommended

Hi friend,

I am havin the same problem of turning on  with hp 360 2 in 1, did you get any solution of your problem. highly appreciated if you share your experience

HP Recommended
I have the same issue, and its only a few months old, starting to wish I had gotten the surface!
HP Recommended
Sorry.... couldn't get it going and HP really don't care unless you pay them first, with no guarantees...!
Took it to a repair shop who said to write it off due to costs. Didn't even charge me for checking. 😎
Probably buy a Surface Pro for Xmas. 😂

Good luck. 😉

PS I would not buy HP again.
HP Recommended
So my friend had a similar problem with a different type of computer and she had to get a new hard drive. They told her that if you have a high caliber program such at Creo or matlab (we are engineers at school) that it can slowly kill your hard drive.
HP Recommended
Actually I got a call back from the repair shop I took it to and they said that I would need a new charging port.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.