Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
4RJ01AV Sceptre Folio CND9280K2L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 1 year warranty ran out in July  2020.  April 10 the laptop will not start. Whether connected to power or not, after pressing the power button, the light on power button comes on, the Windows wheel turns the freezes. The power button stays lit.

The HP web site suggests various things that cannot be done on this laptop like, removing the battery or re-seating the memory cards. I can get a display to run diagnostics, everything passed EXCEPT hard disk not found. But it has already tried to boot. The speaker area above the keyboard then gets super hot.  I can't write-off an $1800 paperweight.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

same problem but no solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.