Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre X360 turning off

13-4194DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my laptop just started turning off suddenly. I can start it up, log in, and then after about a 1 minute or so, it just shuts off (as if someone just pulled the battery out). No shutting down warning, nothing. Just goes black. I have even tried restarting it after logging in and it doesn't want to restart. When I try to restart, it just goes black and shuts off again. Same thing when I try to shut it down. Anyone have any ideas? Oh, one more thing. Charging light blinks when I have the charger plugged in. I have tried taking out charger and pressing power button down 15 seconds. After doing that, charging like stops blinking, but after a minute of so, it'll start blinking again. Any ideas?? Laptop was purchased about 6 months ago, but warranty is expired due to being a refurb.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20197 20147 1317 2094
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Tom929,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the computer is powering on but there's no display on the screen, The computer turns off after a few seconds after it's turned on,

To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Was there any update/reset interrupted, recently?

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

In the meantime, you perform the below steps:

Perform a hard reset (click here for details)

If the computer still turns off every few seconds, try with an alternate adapter and/or remove the battery and try turning on the computer without the battery,

only connect the adapter and start, let me know if that works.

For more steps, Click here

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code - Click here

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
PJG972 Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue on my W10 Pro HP Spectre x360 13t-ae000 8th gen i7 (Dec 2017).  Very frustrating because random

0 Kudos
17849 13262 264 1019
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation