Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre 13t-af000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a repost from a few days ago.  I'm still waiting for help with this, but am unable to reply to the original message to ask for an update.  

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so I apologize if not.  I have a Spectre 13t-Af000 which I've had for just over a year.  Recently I've been intermittently getting a "boot device not found" error when trying to boot up, as well as the blue screen of death from time to time once I can actually boot up.   I called HP and they told me I could send it in and they'd fix it for something like $900, which is ridiculous.  I ended up taking it to a local shop and they found no issues with the SSD and said it was probably a faulty motherboard.  Now after browsing this forum and others, I'm finding out how terrible the Spectre motherboard is and I can't believe it hasn't been recalled yet.  I'm annoyed I had to spend money for someone else to tell me that it was an issue, when it's clearly something HP should own up to and make right.  

Is there anything that can be done about this?  This was an expensive laptop that barely survived a year of use.  I like the laptop itself, but if this is how HP deals with faulty products, then I'll never buy one again and will caution everyone I work with to also avoid them.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@reads10

Based on your most recent comments I am re escalating back to the team that is currently

reviewing the situation.  Thank you for your patience.

Cheers

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.