Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x2 - 12-a008nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

First of all, let me try to explain the problem, the system does not boot, freezes at the startup (the screen with the HP logo), F11-System Recovery does not work and freezes or seems like doing nothing, i am not sure. I did all the tests at F2-System Diagnostics and none of them failed. Finally, i decided to do a clean os installation which was prepared with the Microsoft Media Creation tool, first i tried the "Repair your computer-System Restore/System Image Recovery/Startup Repair" options in the installation but all of them freezed. At the "Custom Installation", i tried to format the primary partition, after at about 30 minutes it didn't completed (the system was running because the hourglass cursor was moving). I did everything i could, i deleted every partition and created a single partition but i was never able to continue the installation. The funny thing was that all my disk operations was lost after powerdown, all the partitions i deleted was there when i turned back to the partitions screen.

I bought the computer in US and the warranty has expired. I live in Turkey (sorry for my English), so, i applied to HP Ankara Technical Service but they told me that they could do nothing other than software support to a HP product which was sold abroad. I think the SSD disk must be changed but i cant do that in Turkey.

Please help me about what i can do. Thanks...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@vb_t,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As you have mentioned that the F2 diagnostics passed, it confirms that all the hardware components are working fine on the computer.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96732.exe

Follow the steps in the below article to update the BIOS.

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c00042629

If you continue facing the issue, then contact support and order a recovery media for your computer and using the recovery media reinstall the operating system and check.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The_Fossete,

I updated the BIOS succesfully but nothing changed. I have a Windows 10 installation created by Microsoft Media Creation tool, i tried to install it again but the same symptoms occured.

Although the diagnostics run with success, i think ssd has a hardware failure for flushing its cache to the disk. For example, i open a command prompt window in the windows 10 installation with Shift-F10, there is a directory named "found.000", i remove it with "rd found.000 /s" with no error, i see that it is deleted in the directory list. Now, when i restart the computer and come back to same command prompt and get the directory list, the "found.000" is there, in fact it is not deleted. There are some posts about the same issue:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=94575&t=94575
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/all-the-folders-and-files-on-desktop-disappears-after-shut-d...
https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2058742-ssd-lost-changes-after-every-boot

So, i am not an expert but i think the ssd is in trouble and must be replaced. As i told before, HP Turkey Office said me that they could do nothing to a machine sold abroad other than software support and i dont know what i can do.

Thanks anyway...

HP Recommended

@vb_t,

I recommend you contact support and check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I already contacted HP Ankara Office, they made me do some software processes as runing diags, F11-recovery, installing the OS created by the Microsoft Media Creator tool. These were unsuccesfull so the need of replacing the SSD occured but local authorized HP service said that they could not replace the SSD because i bought the machine in US, not in Turkey. Even though i think that this is not a meaningul reason, at the end  i have a dead machine and i do not know what to do. This is why i am here.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@vb_t,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The_Fossette,

I thank you for your interest.

Have a good day

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.