06-19-2019 08:31 PM
when my PC is in sleep or hibernate mode, i have trouble 'waking up' the PC.
I try the mouse, keys and power switch.
the only thing that words is to remove the power cord - and surely that isn't right?
06-22-2019 11:56 AM - edited 06-22-2019 11:57 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I recommend you run the power troubleshooter. The power timeout settings can affect your PC on various levels and the sleep/Hibernate process is one of them. This checks how long the PC waits before turning off the display and to enter in sleep mode.
Here is how it is done.
- Press ‘Win + I’ shortcut keys to open Windows Settings app.
- Click on ‘Update & Security’, then go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section from the left-side menu.
- Scroll downwards a bit and click on the ‘Power’ option.
- Click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’. It will start detecting the problems and if it founds, go ahead fixing it.
If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.
- On your keyboard, press ‘Windows key + R’ and type ‘Powercfg.cpl’ in it.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key to open power options in the control panel.
- From the left-hand side, click on ‘Choose what the power buttons do’.
- Then, click on the link ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’.
- From the bottom given power button options, uncheck the ‘Turn on fast startup’ option.
- Click on ‘Save changes’ button.
If the issue persists, follow the below steps.
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Control panel’ then hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- From the top-right filter, choose ‘Large icons’ and navigate to the ‘Power Options’,
- Click and open the ‘Power options’.
- Select the power plan according to your requirement and click on ‘Change plan settings’.
- Click on ‘Change advanced power settings’.
- In the power options windows, click on the button ‘Restore plan defaults’.
- Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee