fordmantpw
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx Will not charge and will not turn on

HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx will not charge or turn on.  We were using it, got a low battery warning, and plugged it in.  Shortly after, the screen went black and it is completely dead.  It won't turn on, won't charge, and the light next to the power connection won't come on when plugged in.  It is completely dead at this point.  Can you help?

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,122 3,234
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @fordmantpw

Not much we can do here on the forum for that. I will see if someone from HP will contact you for further info.

Retired rick-s
Retired
2,526 2,501 105 380
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
savvy2
Level 6
720 699 9 58
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

what are you asking?

how to fix it your self?

is it in warranty?

or who can fix it, answer any PC shop on earth, actually.

now my guess, the cracker battery inside is bad, shorted,

replace it per the service manual.

answering how to....fix it.

the battery can be found at hp parts surfer...

ask.

I am not HP, and I am fully retired since 2009 from this industry. older than dirt,
0 Kudos
fordmantpw
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Basically, I'm asking where to start.  I can fix it myself if I know what is wrong and can get the parts, but I need help diagnosing what is actually wrong so I don't just throw parts at it.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,122 3,234
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There were a number of these models that had motherboard issues where the powerboard burned out. Therefore, I have asked a rep to contact you for further info in case such an incident actually happened. IF it did, HP would step in and repair that particular problem rather than you trying to do it yourself.  😉

fordmantpw
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you!

0 Kudos
fordmantpw
4 3 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I stil have not been contacted by a rep.  I got a PM from another support person before your message and he said he couldn't help with hardware issues and was supposed to have someone contact me and still nothing.

A bit frustrated at this point.

0 Kudos
BStanley1
2 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will need someone to contact me also in PM.  The problem is internal to the system.  Replace charger, no change.  Ordered new battery and still will not charge or even indicate power is connected.  Luckily the battery was 60% charged when I received it and I was able to log on and backup some data until the battery was exhausted.

0 Kudos
19,576 14,911 305 1,163
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation