Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am so frustrated with this notebook.  Its about 14 months old and the battery life is just terrible.  It will say I have 30% battery life and then just shutdown and now, if that wasn't bad enough  it does absolutely nothing.  I plug it in and get no battery light and it will not turn on.  NOTHING.  I have tried youtube videos and such to see if there is some sort of reset but nothing works.  I have bought a second charger and its not the charger.  I am just so fed up with this thing.  Even contacting HP support is near impossible  This should not happen.  .Enough ranting.  So as for things I have tried.  A new charger,  holding the power button and all power button and other key combinations I could find on youtube and such but none of it worked.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Model:.13-AC092MS

Product ID:Z4Z30UA#ABA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@zzugman, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Let us try these steps:

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Restart the computer and check.

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Let us run a test on the battery

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform Component Test > Power > battery. Share the result on your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.